Friday, July 13, 2012

Sing Loudly And Carry A Big Stick


House Wren: This could be the start of something big

Recently, Susan and I (or is that me?) were in Saratoga Springs visiting family. Our six-year-old granddaughter, Ruby, told us she put a wren house in place about two years ago and finally had some renters. Could I take a picture?
Does a chicken have lips?
Ruby and I spent about 30 minutes watching the antics of a male House Wren as he prepared a nest for his current mate. It was an educational event for me and the wren; I hope for Ruby, too. And since a picture is worth a zillion words, here's a novel in pictures, with occasional anthropomorphic comments.
Let's entitle  this epic: When the Goin' Gets Tough, the Tough Stick With It.





Hmmmm. Houston, we have a problem


Maybe, if I back off a bit and ...


When the only tool in the toolbox is a hammer, all problems look like nails




I know this is the stick that will make her mine. If I work my way to the end ...




Ah Ha!


 


How do you like that, kids?


Okay, back to work















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great shots...the pictures tell the whole story :)